Let the cocktails flow...
The closer we get to the release of Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, the more we are seeing some great art deco details coming through interiors, as well as fashion. With this said, we couldn’t resist showing you our black glass and silver cocktail set.
Made in Czechoslovakia in the mid 1930’s , with heavy silver overlay, the set comes with a shaker and eight glasses and side plates. In beautiful condition, you can just imagine the cocktails, gossip and the scandals that this has witnessed over the years.
Preparing cocktails in a shaker for your guests, evokes an intimate and sophisticated style of entertaining and conjures up a time when elegance, wit and grace seemed commonplace.
Gatsby himself said” Can’t repeat the past?… Why of course you can!”, so take a leaf from his book, gather a few friends and let the cocktails flow.
Black Glass & Silver Cocktail Set – $ 1450
Silver Gin Fizz
Prep Time: 3 minutes Total Time: 3 minutes Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 oz gin (preferably Hendricks)
- Dash of lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp superfine sugar
- 1 egg white
- Soda Water
- Maraschino Cherry for garnish
1. Pour the gin, juice, sugar, and egg white into a cocktail shaker filled with ice
2. Shake vigorously to ensure the egg white is mixed thoroughly with the other ingredients.
3. Strain into a chilled glass with ice cubes.
4. Top off with soda water.
5. Garnish with a cherry.